StFX Orchestra, 1917-1918. Doc Pat Nicholson centre . Courtesy of StFX University Archives, 90-877-3384. Restoration: Joe Fraser.
Nicholson Hall, the highest building on the StFX campus carries his name.
Note the drummer in uniform, possibly part of Hospital Unit No. 9, which had several talented musicians among its membership. Although it was quite unusual for such a small Unit to have its own band, the arrangement was made possible through a donation of instruments by J.A. MacDonald, Antigonish. The Unit band provided recreation and entertainment for patients and staff while in England.