Story by John Boileau appeared in The Chronicle Herald, Nov. 16, 2015, p. D3. No credits are given for the photos. Other photos of No. 9 Stationary Hospital are available through the Antigonish Heritage Museum, and others have been restored for the Peace Banner of Imagine Antigonish
Rev. Dr. Hugh P. MacPherson, President of StFX in 1915 offered this medical unit to the government in the fall of 1915. No. 9 was mobilized at Halifax and sailed to Britain in June of 1916: 26 nursing sisters and 118 men. About 60 of the total were StFX graduates.