T. J. (Thomas) Sears livery stable, Lochaber, 1905 – 1910. Courtesy of Antigonish Heritage Museum. Restoration: Anne Louise MacDonald.
Tom (T. J. ) Sears began his livery stable in Lochaber in 1901. He sold the business in 1913 and moved to town to start a business on Main Street , which would become Eastern Auto (the present location of Shoppers Drug Store). The Lochaber property remained as a stagecoach stop and an inn for overnight accommodation.